The second SCALA General Partner meeting was held in Barcelona Hotel Pere IV from Tuesday 16th to Wednesday 17th October 2018.
Further information can be seen below:
- Agenda (PDF)
- Community Advisory Boards: A third arm will be added to SCALA to evaluate the impact of only receiving training without community support; Each of the countries has to prepare a municipal action plan, describing the plan for community support, including communication campaign, adoption mechanisms and support systems.
- Municipal-based communication campaigns: Peru developing a multi-stakeholder model of communication campaign; In the calendar, align the timing of the campaign with the planned measurements (baseline, provider interviews, patient interviews).
- Tailoring SCALA clinical intervention: Alcohol health literacy (part concerning numeracy and literacy skills) to be redesigned (too complicated); the questionnaires already validated in Western countries (such as AUDIT and PHQ) to be pretested with user panels (to ensure the questions and the translation are relevant and make sense).
- SCALA training package: Training for trainers – organised either in one of the Latin American countries or in each of the countries separately; Booster sessions will be organized at month 2 and month 6 of the implementation.
- Evaluation/ Economic analyses: The follow-up of the patient interview to be dropped (as follow-up will not be possible); The cost-utility analysis, relying only on follow-up data, will be dropped.